Terms and Conditions
Payment Obligations, Renewals, and Cancellations
- Website Development Payment Obligations: A down payment is required in order to begin development of your website. This is usually 50% of the upfront design fee, unless an alternative contract or proposal specifies a different amount. The outstanding balance on your website is due after the design, navigation and pages have been approved and built. Final payment is due regardless of whether all content for the pages has been sent by the client. This provision is in place to encourage the client to get content submitted promptly so that their site can go live. It also ensures that Envision Hub gets paid for performing their duty under the proposal, despite tardy content from the client. After payment, Envision Hub will still post outstanding content AT NO CHARGE for 3 months. In the event an “under construction” page is posted due to missing content, Envision Hub will post ONE copy of any text/pictures on existing pages only, for up to 3 months after publish date. After the three months have expired, content posted to site will be billable at our current regular hourly rate. In the event that design and navigation changes are requested after they have been specifically approved by the client, these changes will be billable at our current regular hourly rate.
- Website Development Cancellation: If site design and development work has already begun (such as creating a design concept), then the down payment is non-refundable. Envision Hub may elect at its sole discretion to offer a partial refund depending upon the circumstances.
- Stock Photography Payment Obligations: Stock photography includes most photos and/or images not provided by the client. Stock photography purchased on behalf of client for use in website development is billable at a minimum of $10 per picture. This amount is separate from the amount quoted for website design and development unless otherwise noted. Some pictures are more expensive than $10, in which case we will solicit client approval and communicate the price before purchasing.
- Description of Ongoing Costs: There are 2 types of ongoing costs: domain registration and hosting.
- Domain name registration: This cost recurs annually. Domain name registration gives you exclusive rights to a certain name, such as www.yourwebsite.com, so that you can use it for your web-based purposes. You are NOT required to register a domain through us, but we strongly PREFER that you do. Many services are not honest in the way they sell names and we spend a lot of time helping people re-secure rights to the name they thought they had already purchased. If you have registered your own name, make sure you have yourself as the Registrant and Administrative Contact with a current, easily accessible email address. This will help to ensure that your domain can be renewed or transferred should the need arise. Domain name registration fees are not refundable.
- Hosting: This cost recurs monthly or annually. Hosting places the domain name on a particular server connected to the web, which allows you to post a website for viewing through a browser. You are NOT required to host through us, but we strongly PREFER that you do. Hosting comes with domain-based emails, bandwidth, storage space, database and security tools, and other features. Projects that involve custom programming must be hosted with Envision Hub to ensure the programs that we write will work. If you want to host your site on another server this must be disclosed before we begin programming.
- Hosting Renewal Payment Obligations: Your hosting account will be automatically renewed under the same time and fee structure unless you give written notice to Envision Hub fifteen (15) days before the renewal date that you do not wish to renew the account.
- Hosting Cancellation Payment Obligations: You may cancel at anytime. If you cancel before the first 30 days from the opening of your account, please refer to the details under “Limited 30-day Money Back Guarantee.” If you cancel after the first 30 days, you will be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effective date of the cancellation. Envision Hub will refund the prepaid fees for basic hosting for the full months remaining after effective date of the cancellation, less any prior fees and charges, and an early cancellation fee of $25. Accounts that are terminated by Envision Hub for abuse or violations of internet standards or these terms and conditions will not receive any refund. All cancellations must be received in writing according to the deadlines indicated: regular mail and e-mail are acceptable. Phone requests will not constitute acceptance of any cancellation. Refunds will be issued back to you within 10 business days from your cancellation date.
- Hosting Transfer Payment Obligations: If you wish to transfer your hosting to another provider Envision Hub can, upon request, download your site onto a CD and mail it to you. The cost for this service $50 per copy. FTP access to your site is not available for transfer purposes. We can also backup your entire database for virtual tansfer for $50.
- Limited 30-day Money Back Guarantee on Hosting: If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the first 30 days from the opening of the account, you will be given a refund on your hosting fee excluding setup fees and time accrued from setup date. If paid by credit card, refunds will be issued to the original credit card provided at the time of purchase. If your account has been cancelled by us due to a breach of the terms and conditions on your part, you will not be eligible for a refund. Domain name registration is non-refundable.
- Sites NOT Hosted by Envision Hub: Should client decide to host their site on another server, Envision Hub cannot guarantee the all elements of the site will work. Envision Hub will make a reasonable effort to research the problem on the foreign platform to let the client know what we think the problem is. However, we cannot take responsibility for problems caused by or on another hosting server, including but not limited to email, FTP, SSL, database, server software, and site security issues. If Envision Hub believes it will take a significant amount of time to fix the problem, we will advise the client before proceeding. In most cases, fixing problems on a foreign hosting server is billable.
- Website Maintenance: There are no required maintenance fees other than domain registration and hosting. Most people do some work on their site every year, for which we offer several plans. We can make certain parts of the site updatable by you by implementing a custom Content Management System, or installing a blog. For work we do on the site after going live, we charge on an hourly basis. If you expect that maintenance will be a regular occurrence, you can buy a prepaid maintenance contract that affords a discounted hourly rate. If need be, we can customize a maintenance plan for your particular needs, but no plan is required.
- Website Maintenance Payment Obligations: Depending upon the nature of the website changes, prepayment may be required. Should the client be invoiced after the changes are completed, the invoice is due upon reciept. If payment is not received within 30 days, the maintenance changes may be taken down until payment is received. After 60 days, there may also be a $35 reposting fee added to the outstanding maintenance invoice balance.
- Homepage Design – Once the site design is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the design is considered ready for implementation. Should the client wish to make changes to a design they have approved, those changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
- Navigation – Once site outline/map is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the site navigation is considered ready for implementation. Combined with the approved graphic design, this becomes the site structure. Once we build this structure per client approval, any subsequent changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
- Content – Provision of content is customer’s responsibility, unless specifically negotiated ahead of time as part of the project proposal.
- Text content – Copy for all website pages and links needs to be delivered digitally and should be carefully proof-read by the client. Two rounds of revisions will be provided free of charge. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
- Copy development – Should client wish Envision Hub to develop content for the site, website copy is billable at our regular hourly rate. Development of copy is accomplished via Envision Hub Web Development interviewing the client about the topic areas to be addressed on their web pages. Envision Hub then composes appropriate copy, submits to the client for review, edit, and approval. Approved copy is then posted to the web pages.
- Graphical content – Images outside of the website design must be provided in digital form or in a form that can be easily scanned, unless otherwise provided for in customer’s contract. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
- Database Implementation – Entry of data for database applications is considered client’s responsibility. Entry of data by Envision Hub is billable, unless otherwise provided for in customer’s contract.
- Email – We offer free domain-based email accounts to our clients as part of any hosting contract. If site is not hosted by Envision Hub, we take no responsibility for setting up and troubleshooting email problems.
- Training – Two (2) one-hour training sessions be provided going over how to manage your website on the WordPress platform will.
- Technical Support – We offer local and long-distance phone support to our clients. We do not normally bill for technical support depending on the source of the problem, its severity, and our time invested. If Envision Hub is not the source of the problem, technical support may be billable.
Training and Tutorials
Because customer service is in integral part of our business strategy, all of our projects include a one-time complimentary training session in order for our clients to better make use of their new web technology. Additional training hours can be purchased at our standard hourly rate or applied against your existing maintenance contract.
Domain Transfers and DNS Management
For domains not originally registered with Envision Hub, there will be a $25 fee to either transfer to the domain into our registration platform, or to transfer-out to another registrar. If your domain is not registered with Envision Hub, DNS management and troubleshooting tasks are billable at our hourly rate.
Websites with Proprietary Source Code
Should client contract with Envision Hub to write custom code for a website application, this code is not transferable to a new developer or host. Custom written source code is considered the property of Envision Hub Web Development and cannot be shared with other developers. Clients are granted a license to use custom software code while on Envision Hub servers only. Envision Hub Web Development retains ownership of the code.
In some cases, Envision Hub will install software for the client’s use that has been built by a third party. Examples include WordPress blog software, FCK editor software, shopping carts, photo galleries, etc. In these instances, clients will be subject to the terms and conditions of the third party who owns the software, and may use the software as a licensee only. No ownership rights of any kind are transferred to the client.
Access to or transfer of proprietary source code could result in a security risk to Envision Hub and its clients who are running similar pieces of code. In order to provide custom software development services, clients give us access to private and/or sensitive information, trade secrets, proprietary pricing and business methods. If clients believed that we may be sharing this information with outside developers, they could lose faith that we are protecting their proprietary information. Therefore, neither access nor transfer of any code built for any purpose that is unique and not commonly and publicly available can be granted. Should client want us to build software to run on another server, it must be disclosed upfront and specifically contracted for.
Website components that ARE transferable to another host include html code, graphics, logos, pictures, navigation, text, and the data residing within a database (but not the code). Hourly fees will apply for any special work that needs to be done to transfer those parts of website that do not violate the other paragraphs in this section.
Envision Hub maintains and troubleshoots the websites we develop for our clients, as well as any domain-based email accounts of those websites. We do NOT assume responsibility for upkeep or provide non-billable troubleshooting on our clients’ ISPs (Internet Service Providers), ISP-based email accounts (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc), your home or office internet connections, or any other non-domain-based issues outside Envision Hub’s realm of service. Provision of non-domain-based troubleshooting services will be billable at our normal hourly rate.
Within 3 business days of receiving your paid order for a logo design, Envision Hub will create three different logo concepts for your business. Logo designs will be submitted for your review via E-mail unless otherwise negotiated. Upon receipt of your feedback on these designs, Envision Hub will make any needed changes to your favorite of the three logo designs until you are completely satisfied. Up to three rounds of revision are included in quoted price. Further revisions will incur additional costs at $15 each.
After the final logo design is approved, the logo design plus .ai, .pdf, and .png graphics file formats will be emailed in a .zip folder.
You, the client, have ownership of the final logo design for use in any media application that is beneficial to your business. Envision Hub retains the right to use the final logo, or any versions of the logo created in the process, within printed and on-line portfolios, including promotional materials such as newsletters and advertisements. The client also gives Envision Hub permission to use client’s full name, business address, and/or website address, for testimonial purposes on her website, or other business related media. The client understands that it is the client’s responsibility to copyright the logo design (www.copyright.gov) and/or seek trademark (www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm).
A full payment of Envision Hub’s current logo pricing is required before any work shall begin. In the event of termination of this Agreement, Envision Hub owns the logo and has the right to complete, exhibit, and/or sell the logo design (not including business name). Furthermore, Envision Hub owns all the logo design concepts created before the final logo design. The client understands that once the final logo design files are delivered, the client has the right to use the logo design in all media useful for business promotion and that Envision Hub reserves the right to display the logo for business promotional use.
Envision Hub affirms that our logo designs are original and therefore owns the rights granted under this agreement, and that the rights granted do not conflict any other agreement.
Client shall use all reasonable efforts to provide needed information and approvals. Any delay by Client will result in a day-for-day extension of the due date for all Deliverables. Any delay caused by conditions beyond the reasonable control of the parties shall not be considered a breach and will result in a day-for-day extension any performance due. Each party shall use reasonable efforts to notify the other party, in writing, of a delay. Conditions beyond the reasonable control of the parties include, but are not limited to, natural disasters, acts of government after the date of agreement, power failure, fire, flood, acts of God, labor disputes, riots, acts of war, terrorism and epidemics.
The client has the right to terminate this Agreement if, Envision Hub fails to complete the Logo within 10 days of full payment. If agreement is terminated for any reason other than failure to deliver within 10 days, Envision Hub shall retain 50% of the logo amount for services rendered.
Envision Hub does not warrant that the functions supplied by logo design(s), consultation or advice will be uninterrupted or error-free. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the logo is with client. In no event will Envision Hub be liable to the client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the reproduction of, or appearance of the logo, even if Envision Hub has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Web Maintenance Terms
Unused hours are stored for up to 12 months. Hours immediately expire upon cancellation of any plan. Time is billed in 15-minute increments. After any request website maintenance has been performed. You will receive an email confirming the updates as well as your banked hours balance if applicable.
Envision Hub’s goal is a maximum two-business-day turnaround on a task requiring less than 2 hours to complete. Many times tasks are done within hours of being requested. In-person or onsite work is not available. Rushed updates are available at an additional cost of $20 per hour.
Our website maintenance plans are on a pay as you go basis. Our website maintenance plans are month-to-month and can be upgraded or downgraded at any time. There are no refunds for time purchased.
Proactive Website Maintenance
Envision Hub monitors your website for optimal performance. WordPress websites require regular updates and website maintenance. When critical in nature – such as a security patch or a software update – this work is done immediately and billed to your account. Non-critical items are presented as a ticket for your approval prior to work being completed.
Adding, changing, or removing pictures
Resizing or cropping your images
Adding, changing, or removing links
Adding, changing, or removing videos
Adding, changing, or removing PDFs or documents
Changing colors or layouts to any current pages on your website
Replacing or changing logos provided by you to your website
Updating contact information or other text on your website
Renaming files or optimizing file names for Search Engines
Updating your meta keywords, page titles, or descriptions for Search Engines
Generating a sitemap for search engines to more easily navigate your site
Updating inventory, pricing, or quantities of inventory items to your shopping cart software
Adding blog posts to your existing blog
Making changes to an email campaign layout you have
Traffic statistics and details of visitor information
Search Engine Optimization recommendations
Full website backups
WordPress software updates
Immediate Security patch fixes
Fixing bugs or any other coding issues
What's NOT Included:
Server side code work
Search engine submission
Social media related work
Website design, redesign, or creation
Adding additional website pages. Pages can be purchased separately from website maintenance. Please contact us to add a page to your website.